Monday, July 20, 2009

The Purpose Driven Life


Well I finally started reading:
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren.

Oh my, I just LOVE it. I really think this read is going to be life changing.

I wanted to share a couple of really good things from the book so far:

Your earthly body is just a temporary residence for your spirit. The Bible calls your eartly body a "tent," but refers to your future body as a "house." The Bible says, "When this tent we live in - our body here on earth - is torn down, God will have a house in heaven for us to live in, a home he himself has made, which will last forever."

here is another I just love:

"Unfortunately, those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it."

How true is this statement!!!!!

God says his children are to think differently about life from the way unbelievers do.

This book is a 40 day read. Only reading a chapter a day. Reading only a chapter a day, lets you reflect back on what was read and lets it soak in.

I hope if you haven't read this book, that you will!!!

Have a wonderful day!

*Jennifer




1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite books, too. It is just packed with good quotes. (I wish I had a calendar or something with quotes on it.) It's a popular book, but it's deeply grounded in God's Word.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google