Monday, August 19, 2013

Homeschool Lessons in the Kitchen

   You know those days when you're craving something sweet and nothing feels like it will 'hit the spot'?  Okay, surely I'm not the only one to have those days. This day in particular was just one of those days. I happened to remember that I had just purchased some biscuits the day before. I wasn't really craving biscuits, but I remembered when I was a little girl, my mother would turn these ordinary biscuits into the most delicious donuts. You know, the ones that would most definitely 'hit the spot'. I didn't remember exactly how to make them, but with a quick search on Google, I came across The Pioneer Woman website. Oh happy day!  I quickly gathered everything I would need and called in my little helper. I'm not sure how excited she was in the beginning. I can tell you for sure friends, that by the time the donuts were ready to be tasted, she was very excited. The best little taste tester in the South. :) I was also presently surprised at how easy they were to make. Very easy! So easy that I just couldn't stop making them. 





While we had fun making donuts that day, we also managed to turn it into a homeschool lesson. Everytime I cook, I try to included my children. There are so many lessons to be learned in the kitchen. If my daughter didn't learn anything, except that she one time made homemade donuts with her momma, I'd be happy. Sometimes, the lessons learned in moments aren't fully understood for years down the line. I'll never forgot making homemade donuts with my mom. :)





I'd love to know what you do to incorporate cooking into your homeschool lessons?


Cooking in the Kitchen with Kids Resource Links




How Food Can Teach Kids About World Culture



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google