Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ocean Unit - Wk: 2 Day 7

Last week we dived straight into a pretty fun ocean unit. This week we are still exploring and learning about Earth's great oceans. Join us each day as I recount the days activities on our blog. 

Today we started with a quote in our journals.

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship"
Louisa May Alcott

We learned about Vasco Da Gama, the water cycle, and sand dollars.

Check out the great resources I found below. 

Vasco Da Gama Resources


Vasco da Gama Biography for Kids


Water Cycle Resources






Sand Dollar Resources

We learned that Sand Dollars are echinoderms (which means "spiny skin") and are related to sea urchins and sea stars.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google