Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Polar Regions - Wk 4 - Day 7 - The Arctic - Salt Dough Map


Well, just as I was about to start my day, when my mother-in-law dropped by with her cool brand new Nikon camera. I'm kinda a geek when it comes to cameras, pictures, editing, and the such. I was ecstatic to check this new toy out, and that I did. I played with that darn thing, until it dawned on me, that I had probably better get the girls and myself started with our morning..ahem...afternoon at this point. 


We finally got around to starting our day and I'm pretty sure the girls had a ton of fun. We decided to make a salt dough map today.



Here is the site I visited to download the map flags and learn how to make the map. 

Arctic Region Salt Dough Map + Free Map Flag Printable


We did some lapbooking today and used the resources found HERE

We also learned a little about the Inuit today. That was interesting, and I will probably touch more on that subject later in the week. 

Who are the Inuit? Where do they live?

The Inuit are a tribe of American Indians which live all around the Arctic Circle, reaching from Alaska, across Canada, and over to Greenland. They originally made their home along the Alaskan coast, but migrated to other areas. Everything about the lives of the Inuit is influenced by the cold tundra climate in which they live.

The tundra was also pretty interesting to learn about. We will be touching more on this later in the week as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google