Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Old Schoolhouse Magazine - Review


Did you know that I think The Old Schoolhouse Magazine is wonderful? I'll explain why.

I was recently giving the opportunity to review The Old Schoolhouse (November/December Issue). Happy dance!  I found myself not being to stop reading because it was filled with so much great information. I love the fact that you can read a digital copy online and through an App for free. Yes, that's right friends, for free! It just doesn't seem to get any better than that. I personally read the magazine using the online format, but I do love the fact that they offer an App. What a wonderful way to read wherever you might be. Friends, another great feature of reading the digital copy is being able to search and share with a click of a button. This is a feature that I can imagine is used often. Why? Because it's great! So many times i have held a hard copy of a magazine panning through it saying "Okay great article where did you go?" I have also many times wanted to be able to easily share with my family and friends and with this option i can.





   As you can probably already tell, I absolutely love The Old Schoolhouse magazine. It is full of wonderfully written articles with great family educating information and encouragement. I personally can use all the encouragement I can get. My journey through homeschooling is so much easier when I can read articles that motivate, educate, and entertain.


    The (November/December Issue) had many great articles that spoke to my heart. One in particular was an article called "Having a Holiday Heart: Seven Reasons to Celebrate" written by Deborah Wuehler. I related to Deborah's feelings in the article. I loved how she brought to my attention all the important points of celebrating the holidays and she did so in such a thoughtful and loving way. I highly recommend reading this article if you find yourself struggling with the thought of another round of holidays right around the corner. The article was uplifting, encouraging and just what I needed to read. I love when I read articles that I didn't know I needed. The ones that just speak straight to you and you feel informed or at peace after reading them. I find this with The Old Schoolhouse magazine.

   Another article that really caught my attention in this issue was an article titled "Don't Give Up on Your Child Learning To Read: There Is Another Way" written by Matthew Glavach, Ph.D. The article is well written and provides wonderful strategies to help your child read. I personally know the pain a struggling reader feels and I felt like the strategies given were very informative and on point. Are you teaching a child to read? If so, this article is a must read in my opinion.

   Encouragement, inspiration, and support are truly available anytime and anywhere. Is this something you are interested in?

You can sign up for The Old Schoolhouse magazine and so much more by clicking here.

New issues come out bi-monthly. 

You can also follow The Old Schoolhouse Magazine on 

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a comment and let me know what you love about The Old Schoolhouse Magazine and/or how it has helped you.

Interested in reading more reviews? 
You can do so at the Schoolhouse Review Crew website





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google