Monday, December 09, 2013

Have You Been Interrupted?



Hello friends,

This morning I took sometime to catch up on some missed bible sermons. I'm so grateful that I did. This is what I took away from it and I hope that it inspires or helps you, as much as it has me.


Have you ever felt like you have been called to do something, but felt like you didn't have time? I know, I have. Maybe, you just didn't understand what was being asked of you. God's favor isn't always what we imagine it to be. His purpose is often so different than we would ever plan. Sometimes, what we feel is interruption is actually an invitation to something greater. I think about how young Mary felt when the angel Gabriel appeared and told her that she would give birth to Jesus. Did she think interruption or invitation? Actually, the bible clearly tells us that Mary was confused and disturbed at first.

In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a village in Galilee, 27 to a virgin named Mary. She was engaged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of King David. 28 Gabriel appeared to her and said, “Greetings, favored woman! The Lord is with you!” 29 Confused and disturbed, Mary tried to think what the angel could mean. Luke 1:26-29 NLT

*************

38 Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.” Luke 1:38 NLT

Remember friends, things you could never plan for can become the greatest blessings, because God has a greater purpose in his plans.

I know, I'm going to be looking at interruptions very different for now on. 

I also wanted to share with you something that has been on my heart for a while now. I recently started reading a little book called Coffee Break with God. I received this book a few years ago, from my mil. I remember reading through it and putting it on a shelf. Well, through the years the book collected quite a bit of dust. I saw this and decided it needed to be cleaned. I picked the book up to dust it off and decided to keep it out, to read later. That evening I opened the book to a random page and WOW! It was just what I needed to read and have felt a strong urge to share the message. 

The first words I read were ---When Life Becomes Routine.   

I know as a homeschooling mom, that stays home a lot, I have felt that things have became very routine. The same this, the same that. Friends, I never realized that these feelings could be signs of oncoming depression. I needed to ask God for a change of attitude. I had been falling into a very destructive thought pattern. I realized that I needed to find a hobby, family activity, etc. One thing is certain, God doesn't want us to abandon dreams he has giving us. He wants us to fulfill the dreams he has put in our hearts. 

I'd like to invite you to Life Church - Church Online.

What are you afraid of? Fears attack the most precious parts of our life and keep us from living the life meant for us. God wants to help us overcome our darkest fears as we learn to Fear Not. I would love it if you would join me now or at one of the 61 experiences this week to find out more!  You can join us at http://go2.lc/11a.  See you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google