Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Learning Experience - Sand Plum Jelly Experiment




It's the time of year where the wild sand plums are ready to be picked. In our area it's not hard to drive down a road and find them growing wild along the fence lines. We decided to take an evening to gather up as many as we could, to try our hand at making some yummy sand plum jelly. What an experience! I must admit, we attempted and jelly is not what we got. It was indeed a fail. We instead ended up with sand plum syrup. Very, very sweet sand plum syrup. It's funny, I messaged a friend who makes it and asked her how long it takes to set up. Her reply was short and sweet. It said "You have syrup, don't you?" ummm... Yep. Apparently it wasn't her first rodeo. I honestly think we used too much water and sugar. I did package them up very nicely though with some great FREE printables I found on Pinterest. I'm not upset, we can use it on our pancakes and it was a learning experience.
We will also try again soon. In the meantime, I have found some recipes and I thought I would share them here, for anyone wanting to attempt themselves.









Let's us know how it worked out for you. We would love to hear from you! 

Like our blog? You can subscribe and/or check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google