Friday, March 06, 2015

Using YouTube In Your Homeschool




As a homeschool parent there are going to be times when you could use a little help. For example, when my daughter wanted to learn how to crochet, I was a little scared. I didn't exactly know how to do it myself, let alone try to teach someone.

That's when I did what any 21st century mom would probably do. I went to YouTube. 

Friends, my daughter was crocheting doll clothes by the end of the week. I was intrigued and most of all excited! Excited that I had this wonderful resource to help me when I truly needed it. Now my daughter is learning to play the guitar and she is getting very good for her age. You know where she is getting the lessons? You guessed it...YouTube.

Today I want to share a few of our favorite YouTube channels and ideas that I feel are very beneficial for homeschoolers. Enjoy!

YouTube hint: Don't forget you can search by using hashtags





YouTube Education - You can search by topic or by grade level, making it much easier to narrow down what you are looking for.

YouTube Math Channels




YouTube Science Channels

SciShow


Veritasium


YouTube History Channels

US National Archives



YouTube Geography Channels

Geography Now


#NationalGeographicKids

#Geography

YouTube Language Art Channels

#LanguageArts

YouTube Art Channels

Art for Kids Hub


#Art


Random Favorite Channels


CGP Grey

CrashCourse


simplekidscrafts



Looking for homeschoolers on Youtube? 

iHomeschool Network has a wonderful list.
 

******************************

Are you worried about your children being on YouTube?

You can create playlists and add any video to those playlists. You can make them public, for others to see or you can make them private so that only you and your children can see them. When you click play all the videos in that playlist will play in the order you placed them.

**********************************

Using technology in homeschooling can be very rewarding. Have you seen my Homeschooling With Netflix post. Click Below to view. 

Homeschooling educational shows



What are some of your favorite YouTube Channels? Comment below.



Like our blog? You can Subscribe and/or check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest Enter your email address:
 
Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google