Monday, June 15, 2015

CTCMath Review




Hello friends, recently my daughters had the opportunity to review the 12 Month Family Plan from CTC Math. It was such a blessing. We reviewed CTC Math last year and absolutely fell in love with it. It is our favorite math program ever!

What is CTC Math?

CTC Math is an online math tutor program that features 1,400+ video tutorials that each last approximately 4-9 minutes. This program is for K-12. CTC Math teaches the concepts of the math lesson step-by-step.



The lessons are grouped by course grade levels and then a stream of topics and then sub-topics. This way makes it extremely easy to navigate the lessons. The instructor, Pat Murray, has a true gift for teaching and my daughters loved how he broke down all the steps and how easy it was to understand him and the concepts. He has an awesome Australian accent that my girls and I adored as well. The tutorials feature really cool interactive animations that really capture and hold my daughters attention.

The program features the lessons section, a wonderful parent section, a speed skills section, settings section, search section and lastly an awards/certificates section.


The speed skills section is a great way for my daughters to improve on their math skills. They found this section to be fun. Anytime my daughters enjoy doing math is a win. 

I said it in my last review and I still feel the same. My daughters favorite part of the whole program was being able to work at their pace and being able to print out the certificates. One of the main reasons I chose to homeschool was for my daughters to work at their own pace, whether that be a slow pace or a fast pace. I'm so thankful that they have never felt rushed with this program. I love the way it eases into each topic and that they always feel comfortable to move on when ready or they have the chance to stay at the topic. It's great that the lesson tutorials are in video form and can be watched again if my daughters are having problems.


For this review, I asked my daughters to complete two lessons a day, at least three days a week. Many times they would complete more so they could print out an award certificate. The certificates definitely motivated them to learn more.


I personally loved the parents section best. I love the fact that I can log in to check the progress of each daughter. My favorite thing about this program is even if I forget to check in, I get an e-mail with a PDF file of the girl's progress for the week. I really love that! Each lesson also includes a printable lesson summary that has came in handy for us many times. I know longer wonder why the printer is printing out something without me knowing anymore. It's just my daughter printing out her lesson summary. At the end of each lesson you have the option to print the lesson results as well. Last year I created folders for each of my daughters to keep all of their math printouts in. They have continued to use them for the review this year as well. 

Final Thoughts

I really feel that this program can be used as a full curriculum or as a supplement. Like I said before,  it is our favorite math program and we are planning on using it for a very long time. I can't say enough how much we all enjoy it. I highly recommend it! 

Want to Connect with CTC Math?







********************************

Click the banner below to read more reviews from the Schoolhouse Review Crew 
CTCmath Review



Crew Disclaimer


Like our blog? You can Subscribe and/or check us out on
  Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest

Enter your email address:
 
Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google