Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Student Logbook ~ Review



There are days in which I wish my daughter was a bit more organized with her homeschool work and daily activities. She is 11 years old and has had a bit of a hard time keeping on top of it all. That is why I was so excited to be able to review a dated My Student Logbook from a wonderful company owned by a homeschooling family called, My Student Logbook.



My Student Logbook is designed to make homeschool management as simple as possible. It is a wonderful spiraled logbook that students can use to log their daily chores, academics, and any other daily activities. It is very easy to set-up and is pretty much maintenance free. It is ideal for 2nd grade and up.


My Student Logbook can come in a dated version or an undated version.  It has many different covers to choose from. We picked the Butterflies and Roses cover. My daughter absolutely loved the way it looked.



In the front of the logbook is a page that includes set-up instructions and also a page that shows how My Student Logbook can be used to create high school transcripts. Even though that is something I don't need at the moment, it was fun to read through the process and make mental notes for the future.

How did we set up and use My Student Logbook?

There are only four very simple steps to setting up the logbook. I was very pleased with this. I figured that since my daughter was going to be using it, that she should set it up. She gladly did and was able to do it with ease.



The first step to using the logbook, is to tear out the checklist page and cut along a line that is indicated. The second step is to fold the checklist on a fold line. The third step is to wrap the folded checklist page around the first page in the calendar section and tape the left side. The last step is to write the chores, assignments, and activities on the checklist page. I chose to write the list for my daughter. After completing those super easy steps, it was ready to be used. Super simple and super great! After each week is completed, all we had to do is turn the page and slip it under the checklist. I loved not having to rewrite everything week to week. 



My daughter used the logbook everyday and thoroughly enjoyed being able to place a check mark in the box after she completed an activity. I could sense a real sense of accomplishment from her. I heard "Look Mom! I'm finished!" more than once.

Also, the back of the logbook includes other pages such as an all about me page, prayers and goals, bible verses memorized, books read, projects and activities, test records, and year highlights.  We really thought this was a great extra. It was nice to be able to have an area in the back for my daughter to keep track of all of those wonderful things.





Why we love My Student Logbook?

I have seen my daughter struggle many times trying to keep her schoolwork, chores, and activities in order. We have tried many different charts and planners for her, but honestly all of them seemed to fall through. Even though we seem to keep the same routine day after day, I still heard on several occasions "Mom, what do I need to do next?"  My Student Logbook has changed this. It has truly been such a blessing. By using this logbook, my daughter has no longer had to ask me what's next. She has been able to navigate though her days checking off her daily tasks and also knowing exactly what is next. I hope this doesn't sound bad, but it has been such a huge relief. It truly has taken a burden off of me and allowed me to use my time in a different manner. 




What does My Student Logbook cost?

You can currently purchase My Student Logbook for only $15.00.

If you are looking for a great way for your child to record their assignments, activities, and chores as well as keep a record of their homeschool year,  My Student Logbook may be what you're looking for!  I love it so much, that I will be purchasing more for my other daughters.

Want to connect with My Student Logbook?




*********************

Click Below to Read More Reviews From The Schoolhouse Review Crew
Click to read Crew Reviews


Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google