Saturday, September 24, 2011

Homeschool Programming, Inc - KidCoder Series





I was recently given the opportunity to review the Homeschool Programming KidCoder Course. My girls love computer and video games, so this is going to be great for us.

KidCoder is a computer science course. The KidCoder series currently contains two individual courses. Each course is roughly one semester long depending on the student pace.

There is a Windows Programming Course, and a Game Programming Course.

Here is a  short video that does a great job describing the course.

There is also a TeenCoder Series for students in grades 9-12. The TeenCoder program uses C#, and covers topics in a bit more depth. I will not be reviewing the TeenCoder Series


Review:
I have to admit, it took us a little while to get motivated to start the program. Well, we did manage to eventually begin. I was pleasantly surprised with the ease of use and my daughter was able to retain the information. She had fun learning the different areas of computer programming at her own pace. That is what I liked the most about the program, the moving at your own pace. Based on our review of the program, I do think when the girls get older I will buy the TeenCoder Series.  

Computer Programming courses for Kids and Teens!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google