Saturday, October 08, 2011

Kitchen Helper

Wanna teach your children Language, Reading, Math, and Science in the Kitchen? 


Let them help you cook!


I'm learning to make the most of this everyday teaching opportunity. Not only are you spending quality time, but your child is also learning. I'm sure, like me, you could also use the extra help. ;)


A few weeks ago, after making cupcakes, we cut out the box and placed it on the side of our refrigerator. I did this so the girls would learn to read the words and remember them. A great learning to read strategy.

Today my oldest asked to make brownies. Yummy! It was fine by me. I watched as she read what she would be needing and gathered all the materials up. Great bonding and learning time and the brownies smelled and tasted Delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google