Friday, October 24, 2014

New Liberty Videos ~ Anthem for a Nation DVD ~ Review



My daughters and I recently had the opportunity to review Anthem for a Nation from New Liberty Videos. We were very thankful for this opportunity. We had never heard of New Liberty Videos before this review.

What is New Liberty Videos?



New Liberty Videos is a company that produces Christian DVDs. It was founded by a wonderful husband and wife team, Brian and Marilyn Barkley. Mr. Barkley has been working in the motion picture business for 40+ years.

Anthem for a Nation is a 42 minute history documentary DVD that explores the qualities that made America great. New Liberty Videos believes these qualities must be reinstilled in our generation if we are to preserve for our children and grandchildren the freedom which God has so graciously entrusted to us. I also very much agree and that is why I was thrilled to review Anthem for a Nation.

Why has America prospered like no other nation in the world? Anthem For A Nation, seeks to answer that question.

I read that New Liberty Videos has dedicated the Anthem for a Nation documentary to freedom-loving Americans everywhere with the prayer that God will raise up in our day a new generation of men, women and young people who will walk with Him and are committed, whatever the cost, to see His righteousness restored in the hearts, homes and institutions of America. Could you imagine what it would be like to see His righteousness restored? Oh friends, what a joyous day that would be in my opinion. I know that having documentaries such as Anthem for a Nation is a great way to get people talking and thinking. 

I remember many years ago, when I was very young, I was in a discussion with an acquaintance about what American was founded on. While I was trying to explain my opinion, he was confidently explaining his own. Obviously his opinion was greatly different than my own. While I do believe it is everyone's right to have their own opinions, I was deeply saddened. I wish I would have had Anthem for a Nation. It says everything I wished I had known and understood at the time. 


Who is Anthem for a Nation recommended for?

Anthem for a Nation is rated for a general audience. Some of the material will be over the heads of younger ones and there are some subjects you might not be ready to discuss with them.

How did we use Anthem for a Nation?

Like with any movie that is watched in our home, we prepared to watch it, by preparing some yummy popcorn. We placed the DVD in the player, got comfy, pushed play, and were more than ready for an amazing history lesson. I don't quite think amazing history lesson, even sums it up. It was much more. I was blown away at the amount of knowledge that was given in those 42 minutes of the documentary. I felt like my children learned so much and my heart was full. I loved that it was filled with spectacular scenery of  America and beautiful patriotic songs.  There was a moment in the DVD that left me speechless. We were asked to close our eyes, while we listened to the sound of BBs. Each BB represented the amount of lives lost in our wars. The one that stood out the most was the war on unborn babies since 1973. The sound of those BBs was more than a heartbreaking. I didn't think they were ever going to stop dropping. It was an incredible learning moment not only for my children, but for myself included. I wondered how I could not have known about the extent of the information given. I loved that Anthem for a Nation provided my family with the opportunity to learn and discuss very important topics. Topics that my daughters, who are 8, 9, and 11 didn't really understand that well. It was great being able to discuss these topics and I absolutely loved that Anthem for a Nation did such a wonderful job in stating facts.   

One of the cool things that Anthem for a Nation explores is, all the monuments and places in our nations capital that have Christian words inscribed or displayed. After watching the DVD we had a study of our own. We looked up these places and virtually explored them for ourselves. We have never had the opportunity to actually visit these places in person, but we would absolutely love to one day. My daughters thought it was very cool to learn that Washington monument has a plaque on the very top that reads Laus Deo, which in Latin means, Praise be to God.  

~Final Thought~

I'm sure you could already tell, but I absolutely adored Anthem for a Nation. I very much recommend it to everyone.  I'm so thankful that we were able to review it and I'm glad that we have the chance to watch it as many times as we like. While it is stored away right now, I foresee using it again in the future. 

What does Anthem for a Nation cost?

You can currently purchase Anthem for a Nation for only $19.95

*****************

Click Below to read more reviews from the Schoolhouse Review Crew.
Click to read Crew Reviews


Crew Disclaimer

Like our blog? You can Subscribe and/or check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

2 comments:

  1. I'm interested in watching this one with my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to. We enjoyed it very much! I think you would really enjoy it as well. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google