January 5th is National Bird Day
1) Go for a walk and look for birds.
- The timing of bird observation depends on which group of birds you wish to monitor or observe. In general, diurnal, or daytime birds are most active at dawn and dusk. They usually are more vocal and very active in the shrub and tree canopy cover. You'll have better opportunities to see a greater variety of daytime birds at these times, but bird-watching can be done any time of the day!
2) Research and make a poster about your favorite bird.
- Today my daughter researched the Blue Jay. What an interesting bird! It was a fun study and she learned a lot of great information.
3) Make birdseed cakes for the birds.
I found this nice video on YouTube. It explains how to make birdseed cakes.
4) Build a bird house.
- There are many different ways to build a bird house. I did found a great website that shows a couple of fun ways. You can find it HERE.
5) Read books about birds.