Friday, January 02, 2015

My word for 2015 - Content

word for 2015

My word for 2015 is Content

It has occurred to me that being content with things hasn't always been my thing. I seem to not usually live in a state of satisfaction, but the opposite. I really stressed over way too many things in 2014 and I want to change that. I want to be content in all things. While I definitely believe that there are somethings that I desire to change about myself and life, I believe there is beauty in becoming content with what you have and who you already are.





This is going to be my "content" year! 

The Bible clearly teaches us to "be content" no matter what our circumstances are. In Philippians 4:11, Paul said, "I have learned in whatsoever state I am in therewith to be content." The Amplified Bible describes being content as "satisfied to the point where you are not disturbed or disquieted". It doesn't say satisfied to the point where you don't want change, but satisfied for now until God brings the change.

I'm going to be content knowing that His way is perfect, and that He brings with Him a great recompense of reward for those who trust in Him.



I was curious as to what else the bible says about being content, and I found 24 bible verses that talk about it. You can read them here

****************************

While I will be striving to be more content, I will also strive to offer you, my readers, more quality content. You see what I did there? I love homonyms. 

This year, I have a goal to make the contents of this blog worth reading and sharing. While that has always been my goal, I will strive to make it better. 




Do you have a word for 2015? I'd love to hear it. Please leave us a comment below. Thanks!

Want to read more words for 2015? I'm linking up with the Schoolhouse Review Crew, Tots and Me, and A Glimpse of our Life.



Like our blog? You can Subscribe and/or check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

1 comment:

  1. I love that verse and do try to remember that, too. I hope your year is filled with contentment and joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google