Friday, September 11, 2015

Stinky Kid Math REVIEW



I recently had the opportunity to review a website called Stinky Kid Math from a company by the same name, Stinky Kid Math. I received a six month subscription to their whole site for up to three children.

What is Stinky Kid Math?

Stinky Kid Math is an online concept-based instruction website that will take the memorization out of math, and will teach how math "works". Subscribers will learn the how's and why's of math concepts from Pre-algebra, Complex Algebra, and Geometry. It can be used as a full curriculum or as a supplement curriculum. For the purpose of this review, we replaced my oldest daughters current math program so that we could use Stinky Kid Math exclusively. 

How did we use Stinky Kid Math?

Before beginning lessons with my daughter, I searched around the site to get a better understanding of it and we were also very curious as to how it got it's name. I ended up finding a helpful about me section that explained in good detail with words and a video the concept and idea around Stinky Kid. 

Stinky Kid Math is broke down into two main categories. Lessons and Math Games. The lessons start with foundational algebra and then progress to complex algebra and geometry. There is also a tab to view all video lessons in order. My daughter is only beginning to learn about algebra so we found it best to start at foundational algebra. 


Lessons


In the foundational algebra tab my daughter was then able to choose from twelve different lesson subjects. Once again, since she is only beginning to learn algebra she choose to start at the beginning with algebra properties. 

In this section my daughter learned about the three most important algebra properties. She learned about Commutative, Associative, and Distributive Properties. Learning these properties helped her understand what she could and couldn't do in the problems she encountered. She was able to learn about these properties by watching short and helpful videos. Most of the videos she watched were under three minutes. A few she watched were a little longer but still under five minutes. I feel that the the length of the videos helped keep my daughter's attention on what she was learning.  We always felt that the information was given in a fun, helpful and non-boring way. 




One of the things that my daughter expressed that she did like a lot was that instead of having to take notes, she was able to print the information she was learning from the Books section. I also found this very helpful. To help her keep all of her information together we designated a folder to all things Stinky Kid Math. 


Another thing that we both enjoyed was the worksheets. My daughter enjoyed working on the problems and also enjoyed me being able to check them with an answer sheet. After checking her answers, I would circle the ones she missed and hand the paper back to her along with the answer page. She then was able to see how she had worked the problem compared to how it was suppose to be worked. I felt like this was very helpful for her. 

Math Games

My daughter enjoyed the games and spent a great deal of time playing them. Of course, since it was educational I was okay with it. There are five different games to choose from. I found the games to be simple yet effective in teaching and reinforcing concepts. 



 Final Thought

My daughter thoroughly enjoyed Stinky Kid Math. We are going to continue to use it for the time being. I enjoyed that the website was simple to navigate and everything was easy to find and use. I also enjoyed that I could view an activity log that would show me all of my daughters recent activity. By being able to view this, I was able to see what and when she viewed something. The only thing that could have made that better was being able to see how long she spent on a certain activity.

If you are looking for a fun and educational algebra and geometry help website than I recommend you check out Stinky Kid Math.



How much does Stinky Kid Math cost?

Right now you can sign up for Stinky Kid Math for only $9.99/month!

You will have unlimited access to video lessons, math games, books and worksheets.
You can also get a free month.

Want to Connect with Stinky Kid Math?



*******************************

Stinky Kid Math Review


Crew Disclaimer


Like our blog? You can Subscribe and/or check us out on
  Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest

Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google