Friday, January 17, 2014

Random 5 on Friday - Jan 17

Hello Friends, It's that time again. Random 5 on Friday. Hope all is well.


1) This week we took a trip to our local library to pick up some books on homesteading. We choose a variety of pioneer, homesteading, wild west, and cowboy books. The girls and I have had fun looking through them and imagining what the past would be like.

2) My husband surprised me, when he came home from work and stated not to worry about cooking supper. He proclaimed he had it covered, he was making salmon patties. I have to admit, I had never had them before and was a bit skeptical. They were awesome though. So glad he made them and we will for sure be having them again. 


My hubby used this very easy recipe.

3 cans of pink salmon
a few handfuls of crackers, not to many or they will fall apart
2 eggs
salt & pepper

mix together, make into patties and fry in skillet.


3) This is kinda weird, but oh well, I'm sharing it anyhow. I was looking on Google Maps Monday, when I decided to look around our town. Found it and also found out I could see me as well. Yes Friends, I'm on Google Maps. :( I'm still not sure how I feel about it. It's weird and kinda creepy. 

4) Yesterday morning, we took a trip to a museum. It was a nice outing and very educational. 


5) Do you remember when I shared that my beloved Kindle Fire was shattered? Click here to read the post. Well, my hubby recently surprised me with a new Kindle Fire HDX. I love it. It's the one with the mayday button. When I first received it, I pushed the button many times. No one ever showed up. I was thinking the button was a dud. I was wrong! I decided to try it again Wednesday. It happened, a women appeared on my screen. I was not expecting her. I guess I just figured it wouldn't work again. She was indeed there though, and I didn't know what to say. She asked me nicely what she could help me with and I just replied "Oh nothing, was just trying the button out." She laughed and told me to have a good day. Whew! That was weird but now I know, if I need help, someone is only a button push away. 





I'm linking up at The Pebble Pond. Click below to check out other great Random 5 on Friday posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google