Monday, March 24, 2014

Pinterest Resources for Homeschooling

  

Hello friends, it's no doubt, that you have probably heard of the amazing website - Pinterest. If you haven't tried it out, well then, I highly recommend it. As a homeschooling mom of three very visual learners, I have found this site to be invaluable.

 
Why is Pinterest a great tool for visual learners?

Well, let's first define what a visual learner is. A visual learner - is someone who absorbs information, concepts, data and ideas the best when they are associated with images. Well friends, Pinterest is a gold mine of images. Wanna know what a baby panda bear looks like? Search it on Pinterest and you are sure to find a page filled with baby panda bear images. I have found Pinterest to be a great tool in putting together unit studies. Before Pinterest, I had a slew of bookmarks and honestly, I had a bit of trouble finding everything I wanted to revisit. I'm now feeling much more organized, thanks to Pinterest. 

********

   Back in August of 2013, I was contacted by Pinterest to be part of Teachers on Pinterest. I was specifically asked to spearhead a board geared towards homeschooling. It was such an honor and I was easily able to find like-minded homeschoolers to contribute towards making the board the success it is today.  I'd love for you to check it out.  

http://www.pinterest.com/teachers/homeschool/

Follow Teachers on Pinterest's board Homeschool on Pinterest.

 Click HERE to read an article about Teachers on Pinterest. 

 Wanna follow me on Pinterest? If so - Click Here

Visit Jennifer Silcott's profile on Pinterest.

**************

Below are some of the homeschooling boards I have put together. I like to organize them by subject. 

Homeschool Methods/ Learning Styles

























*********
Pinterest has also inspired me to create an art area for my daughters. They have thoroughly enjoyed finding crafts and art on Pinterest and recreating it themselves. 

 

I'd love to know some of the ways you utilize Pinterest. Leave us a comment below. 

Check out what other Schoolhouse Review Crew members think about Pinterest.

Homeschooling with Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google