Wednesday, April 23, 2014

CTC Math Review



Hello friends, I'm so excited to share a new review today. My family was recently blessed with a 12 Month Family Plan for CTC Math. I considered this a huge blessing because my girls ages 10, 9, and 8 have never really been to keen on doing their math. However, after using CTC Math their feelings about math have completely changed. They now actually want to do their math and I am one happy momma!



What is CTC Math?

CTC Math is an online math tutor program that features 1,400+ tutorials that each last approximately 4-9 minutes. This program is for K-12. CTC Math teaches the concepts of the math lesson step-by-
step. The lessons are grouped by grade groups and then a stream of topics and then sub-topics. This way makes it extremely easy to navigate the lessons. The instructor, Pat Murray, has a true gift for teaching and we loved how he broke down all the steps and how easy it was to understand him and the concepts. He has an awesome Australian accent that my girls and I adored as well. The tutorials feature really cool interactive animations that really captured my daughters attention. I really feel that this program can be used as a full curriculum or as a supplement.

The program features the lessons section, a wonderful parent section, a speed test section, settings section, search section and lastly an awards/certificates section.

My daughters favorite part of the whole program was being able to work at their pace and being able to print out the certificates. I usually asked my daughters to complete two lessons a day, five days a week. Many times they would complete more so they could print out an award certificate. My youngest was keen on improving grades to get a better award and would constantly tell me that today was the day she would get a platinum award.  They were actually wanting to do math and friends, that is an amazing feeling.  The front of my refrigerator for the past few weeks has been filled with these awards.  It's an exciting feeling for my girls to walk past them and know they earned them.  My middle daughter was rocking math in a way that I honestly didn't know she had in her. She has never been a big math fan.  I feel that the awards and praise she received motivated her to want to learn more and more. 

I personally loved the parents section best. It has been really nice to be able to log in to check the progress of each girl. My favorite thing about this program is even if I forget to check in, I get an e-mail with a PDF file of the girl's progress for the week. I love, love, love that! Another favorite is that the lesson tutorials are in video form and can be watched again if my daughters are having problems. Each lesson also includes a printable lesson summary that has came in handy for us many times. At the end of each lesson you have the option to print the lesson results as well. I ended up creating each of my daughters a folder to keep all of their math printouts in.



The setup process to get the girls their own accounts was very easy to complete as well. I was able to do it with ease. They are also able to log in without any help and start their lessons. This has freed up time, as I don't have to hear "Mommy, come log me in". Did I already say, I LOVE this program? Seriously friends, there wasn't one thing I could find that I didn't like. I was truly impressed with everything. I won't be sad when my membership runs out. What!? Yep, because I already know I'm signing up for another and another. This is a program we plan on using for a long time. Yep, that's how impressed I am with it. I didn't even know I wanted a new math curriculum but I'm so blessed by this one and so glad I had the chance to review it.

See that smile friends? She is fixing to log in and she isn't upset. Her smile makes me smile. 


What does CTC Math cost?


The 12 Month Family Plan I received is currently on sale for only $118.80 it is originally $297.00. This plan is for 2+ students for 12 months. This discount pricing is for homeschoolers.  Each student had access to all the age groups and topics. You can check out other plans that are available on the CTC Math website.

Connect with CTC Math.




Thank you for reading our review. We would love to know if you have used or plan to use CTC Math. 

Click below to read other CTC Math review from the Schoolhouse Review Crew
Click to read Crew Reviews
Crew Disclaimer






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google