Friday, May 16, 2014

Random 5 on Friday - May 16th

It's Random 5 on Friday time again :)

1)  My daughters recently found two lizards and thought they were so cool. They asked to have a lizard research day. I thought it was a wonderful idea. They created a habitat for them and used our computer to research. I brought them to the store to buy poster board to make a poster and we took a trip to the library for some pretty neat lizard books. They named one lizard Runner. :) They probably should have named the other one Runner, because he escaped and is running loose in my house somewhere.

Click here for FREE Lizard Lapbook printables.



2) We recently attended a local rattle snake hunt. Yep, we have rattle snake hunts where we live. I don't participate in hunting and to be completely honest, the thought of touching snakes gives me the heebie-jeebies. While we where there my daughters couldn't help but notice a rock tower that they just had to climb and climb they did.



3)  Completely random, but I guess that's why it's called Random Five on Friday. Anyhow, I have been dealing with pitting edema in my lower legs for months and recently been dealing with horrible, horrible bloating and indigestion. Mylanta has been my friend and this edema needs to go.

4) I'm looking forward to a summer break, whenever that may be.

5) A few days ago, I went and had my cholesterol checked. The results were abnormal. :( I'm going to need to change my diet and exercise more. They say you should have it checked every 5 years after age 20.


I'm linking up at The Pebble Pond. Click below to check out other great Random 5 on Friday posts.

6 comments:

  1. That rock climbing wall looks amazing!!! We had a turtle a few years ago. Tried to keep geckos but it never worked out very well. My oldest son needed to keep a reptile for 30 days for a merit badge. After his time was over, they (all three boys) decided it was better to let it go. I'm glad they did! LOL Looks like a great week! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Daylnn. :) I'm not sure how long the lizard will be with us - so far, so good :) Have a blessed weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. neat rock climb to do. Not that I would do one.. but it looks neat! :) My boy would be thrilled at the lizard stuff you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty neat rock tower. My girls loved it. I however, was not going to attempt it. :)

      Delete
  4. Love that you did research when you found the lizards. That is why I love homeschooling for opportunities like this.. Thanks for sharing your post..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! Homeschooling is pretty awesome!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google