Thursday, August 21, 2014

Stop! You're doing it all wrong!



How many times, as mothers, have we felt like this? Perhaps we have even heard it a time or two. I know I have. There are so many options for each decision we make. No matter what decision we make someone is going to feel like it's not the right one. 

Stay at home with your children. 

 Work outside the home. 

Homeschool your children.  

 Don't homeschool your children.

Use cloth diapers. 

 Do not use cloth diapers.

Sometimes it feels like a never winning battle. I have struggled with wanting the approval of everyone. It is a struggle that I will never win and I have to remind myself of that. I think Craig Groeschel said it best when he said

"Becoming obsessed with what people think is the quickest way to forget about what God thinks."
- Craig Groeschel

  As mothers we know what works and what doesn't work for our families. We will never be able to make everybody happy. We need to stop trying to. Life is way too short to spend it trying to keep everyone happy. I'm reminded to keep my focus on pleasing God and doing what I feel is right for my family.

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Friends, you're more than likely doing something wrong in the eyes of someone, maybe it’s self-judgement. Whatever the case, it’s exhausting. We won't always get everything perfect and that is okay.

"You're not supposed to keep everyone happy or fixed. If you take on that job, the one person who will not be happy is you."
-Joel Osteen



Like our blog? You can Subscribe and/or check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)


Google